Can I move back to with my children since I have no job and no support system here? 6 Answers as of April 15, 2015

My husband and I were married. I have never worked and took care of our two children ages 2 and 5. We moved for my husband’s job. He now wants a divorce and has a girlfriend. He is planning on moving out and leaving me the end of May. Please help, I am desperate.

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
Where you move is up to you. Use of a lawyer is recommended.
Ronald L. Bornstein, P.A. | Ronald L. Bornstein
You should immediately consult with an attorney regarding either a divorce, or support without dissolution of marriage. Many family law attorneys offer a no cost or low cost initial consultation, and many communities have a legal aid society or local bar association offering no cost or low cost consultations and legal services. Consult with an attorney about the specifics of your situation, and your options.
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy | Robert W. Bellamy
If the divorce is filed in another state you'll need to check that state's law. If in Alabama and you wanted to move to another state, have it addressed in the settlement or court order. I suggest a lawyer help you in the divorce, not the same one your spouse hires. Most lawyers will work with you on paying for services. You will need to ask for child support until children are 19 plus college tuition; and, possibly alimony to tide you over until you can get employment. Since spouse already has a girlfriend before divorce, getting a lawyer shouldn't be a problem. Your soon to be ex-spouse will be bleeding through the eyes before the court is through with him.
While still married, either parent can take the children where he or she wants. If no divorce is filed, you can move with your kids, just like he could.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
My suggestion is that you file for divorce and request an Order from the Court allowing you to move back. You might want to consider retaining an attorney or seeking legal aide if you can?t find one willing to take your case under the circumstances. Good luck.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You need to go see an attorney with these problems. You will need to hire one to represent you. Perhaps legal aid in your community can help you. Find out.