Can I move back to the US if my husband is from the UK? Posted on July 01, 2011

My husband and got married in the UK, and I am from the US, we had applied to get married in the US but when my fiancee went to the Embassy in London they did not agree with our application so it was easier and less expensive to just get married in the UK. But now that we are married I want to go back home, I like the UK, but I want to live near my family and want to bring my husband with me so that we can start a live of our own there. I know that once you are married for two years they do not question if your marriage is legitimate, but I don’t want to wait two years before I can see my family and friends again and I don't want to be away from my husband either. So what do we have to do in order for me to take him home with me? We just need to know how to apply, because we do not have the spare money for a lawyer to do it for us. Thank you for any help you can give us.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: