Can I, the mother, take my child out of the state to move without the father's permission? 1 Answers as of September 06, 2017

This is in Florida. The father's name is on her birth certificate but we do not have a good relationship and I'm just trying to move to start a new life.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Well, if you do leave without the father's written permission, then you run the risk that he will get to court and get it ordered that you must return the child to Florida. That can happen for up to 6 months after you would leave, because Florida is the home state of the child and any custody cases must be brought here until another state becomes the home state of the child.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/6/2017
Click to View More Answers: