Can I modify my child support payments? Posted on June 01, 2011

I am a divorced father of 2 children. After my divorce, child support was set by the courts and at that time I had a decent paying job. I lost my job shortly after that and I began drawing unemployment for approx 6months. I just recently began a new job but not making as much money. My ex wife is receiving support payments on time with an additional garnishment of my wages for support when I was on unemployment. Is there anything I can do to lower my original child support amount since my wages have lowered significantly with my new job?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: