Can I marry someone who is divorced in the USA but is married in the Philippines? 1 Answers as of February 14, 2017

My boyfriend is divorced in the USA but still married in the Philippines. Are we allowed to get married here in the USA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
No. If a person is married anywhere in the world, another marriage is called bigamy and it is an invalid marriage. Have him get divorced from the other woman and then marry him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/14/2017
Click to View More Answers: