Can I marry my friend if he comes to the US? 2 Answers as of April 28, 2011

Since I need to bring my boyfriend into the us from the Iran and your answer was, it takes long time because I have only been a green card holder since 5 months ago, then if my boyfriend try for student visa then we get married in us. Now it's my question, is it possible that when we get married in the first months that he came here? And how long does it take to get the visa for marriage relationship when he is here?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You can marry anyone you want so long as they are not already married with someone else. Since you are a LPR, marrying your girlfriend will only put her in the F2A category. You will need to check the USDOS Visa bulletin for that category. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Please make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney in your area to discuss your options in depth. If he enters knowing he will apply for a green card in the US, that is visa fraud which leads to a green card denial. You really need to have a full consult!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: