Can I marry my ex wife, in my home country and file I-130 for her? 7 Answers as of October 25, 2012

I came to US in 2007 through marriage to my US citizen wife. I became US citizen last year. My wife left me for an another man and we are legally divorced now.

Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
It is possible to do that. However, you will have to prove that the divorced and the re-marriage was not all a plan to obtain residency for your ex- wife.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
If you marry your ex-wife and apply for her to immigrate, be prepared for a barrage of questions about your divorce from her and your divorce from your US-citizen wife. This fact pattern raises an issue of "sham divorce". The USCIS will be investigating this question: Did you divorce your first wife with the plan to remarry her, once you were firmly settled in the USA through a marriage to a US citizen? If so, that is a type of immigration fraud. You must be prepared to prove that all of your actions were in good faith.
The Law Offices of Mary Lyn T. Sanga, A Professional Corporation | Mary Lyn Tanawan Sanga
If you obtained your lawful permanent resident status through marriage to a U.S. citizen, you cannot petition another spouse within 5 years from becoming a permanent resident. Please note that remarrying your previous spouse and filing a petition for her may trigger a more thorough review of the petition and, depending on the circumstances, a review of your previous petition and naturalization. I strongly recommend that you seek a lawyer's advice before you proceed with filing a petition for your previous spouse.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Yes you can marry your ex-wife and file visa petition for her since you are US citizen now and its been 5 years.
You can petition for your ex-wife assuming you remarry. However, you must keep in mind that USCIS may question the validity of the marriage given that you were previously married and divorced.
    Law Office of Rebecca White
    Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
    You may do so, but you will need to be prepared for a significant amount of questioning from the immigration service regarding the validity of your past marriage.
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    You can file for her, but you and/or your new wife again may have to explain the circumstances of the second marriage to the same woman.