Can I marry my boyfriend who has illegal immigration status? 3 Answers as of August 24, 2010

My fiance had a valid visa when he entered the US. He has never been in trouble with the law. I was born here and I am a US citizen. Can we legally get married? What do I have to do to make him legal?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The short answers to your questions are: Yes, you can marry your boyfriend. Not easy to get legal residency in these circumstances. But I would have to know more about the visas when he came into the USA, and other things. But it starts with a petition for I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. If you want to explore it further, just call or e-mail to set up a consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/24/2010
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
Yes, you will still be able to get married. Immigration has nothing to do with marriage.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/16/2010
Click to View More Answers: