Can I marry if my fiance is an illegal immigrant? 2 Answers as of April 19, 2011

My fiancé entered the US illegally 7 years ago. He was deported a little over 4 yrs ago and 10 months later returned. We have lived together for a little over 1 yr. he has had the same employment for all 7 yrs. he has never been in jail except for when deported. He has had 2 or 3 traffic violations.. All paid. He has paid all hospital bills and taxes. We want to get married. I fear every day of him being deported. How would we go about getting married and residency?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You need to marry him in his country of origin and come back here and file a petition for him and wait until it becomes available and go through consular processing. It will be very hard to get anything for him in way of an immigration benefit in the US because of his removal. I suggest you get started now with any plan you might have to immigrate him. He can certainly get a waiver and come back to the US. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/19/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
I assume the came back without inspection. If that's the case, there is not much to be done.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: