Can I marry if my ex failed to comply with a court order? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2011

My previous marriage ended last year and judge ordered ex-spouse to assume mortgage. Ex-spouse failed to comply with court order thus this year I filled for Motion to Enforcement. Under such situation can I re-marry or should I wait until court hearing? Will my re-marriage affect my case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Your first marriage is over, a Motion to Enforce does not change that. As for the second marriage/re-marriage, this has no affect on the Motion for Enforcement. These are two separate events. Now, keep in mind, if you had some kind of agreement that ex pays mortgage until your remarry, then ignore what I am saying here. I am merely answering the question the way you posed it, so always read your decree and if there is come detail there that changes matters, the Decree controls.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: