Can I make my sister that shares ownership of a house move out? 1 Answers as of September 20, 2011

My sister and I share ownership of a house that our father left us when he passed away. She and I both own 50% of the house, but she is living there. I no longer want her to live there, can I legally make her move out?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law | Michael R. Nack
No, but you could file a suit in Partition asking the Court to Order the house sold and the sales proceeds divided. If you do not already have a lawyer I might be able to offer my services to you for a reasonable fee.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 9/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: