Can I make my fiancee the legal father of my son? 1 Answers as of June 03, 2011

My son is 4 yrs old and I am not sure of whom his father is. The one I thought was his father happened to not be and there is no father on his birth certificate. We are wondering how this will work with not knowing the father and make it so that my soon to be husband will be my son legal father. He is the only father figure my son has ever known.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Howard W. Collins, Attorney at Law
Howard W. Collins, Attorney at Law | Howard W. Collins
He will need to adopt the child; it can be accomplished under current Oregon law. Do not attempt to do this by yourself, hire a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 6/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: