Can I make my ex pay the back taxes? Posted on August 17, 2010

My ex husband and I had our divorce settled through mediation a little over a year ago. We held two properties together that are of equal value. I got our rental property and my husband got our primary residence in the settlement. I recently found out that he had not paid the 2006 property taxes on the rental property I received even though all of the rental income went directly to him. How do I make him pay the amount owed in taxes? Do I need to go back to court?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: