Can I make my boyfriend sign a quit claim removing him from title? 1 Answers as of July 11, 2011

My ex-boyfriend has filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and included his portion of our home in the bankruptcy. Once this is discharged, can I then make him sign a quitclaim removing him from the home since he is no longer responsible financially for the home?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Colorado Legal Solutions
Colorado Legal Solutions | Stephen Harkess
A quitclaim deed addresses title. Title is separate from the mortgage. You cannot force your boyfriend to sign over title simply because he is no longer personally responsible for the mortgage payment.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: