Can I lose the opportunity to make my ex pay for rent? 1 Answers as of July 24, 2011

My ex stopped paying rent and there is a court order that sates that we cannot change support until mediation. If I sign an agreement with him to submit to court agreeing to move out will that mean that I may loose the opportunity for him to pay rent for my children in the future?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
I do not understand your question at all. You talk about rent, support and then rent for your children?? Then, you refer to a court order? Are you referring to child support payments? Or alimony payments? Or both? And are you talking about the administrative order that applies to all divorce cases? Or an order that was entered in your case after a hearing of some sort? I think you really need to talk to an attorney so that you can fully discuss your questions and obtain answers.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: