Can I loose my visa because I applied for WIC? 1 Answers as of September 23, 2014

I came into USA to have my baby with a visitor’s passport and settled all my and my babies’ bills but before I left I applied for WIC for my baby while there. The lady asked me if I was applying too and I said because I wasn't a citizen and felt I wasn't qualified she said that it didn't matter that I could and I did. Ever since I did I have been worried that I might have broken the immigration law. I have called from my country (Nigeria) even after then to see how I can remedy the situation but they keep telling me it’s ok. What can I do because I don't want to lose my visa or get deported because of this?

You should not have applied; but then again you should not have had your baby here when you were on a tourist visa. You should be deported just for that.