Can I legally torrent a program I own online if I lost my program disc? 3 Answers as of September 11, 2013

I own a piece of recording hardware that had a version of Pro Tools on a disc, included with the hardware. I lost the disc, though, so would it be legal for me to torrent the program online?

Ellis & Abouelsood | John Danelon
Technically, no you cannot create a torrent because it would be a derivative work under copyright law, which generally protects software rather than patent law. However, the same is also true of a wav file being converted into a mp3 file for storage on a computer or media player. While technically not allowed, most patent/copyright cases do allow some leeway for such circumstances, provided the software is solely for personal use replacement, not sold and does not violate the shrink wrap license an/or EULA.
Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
If you registered your program with the company when you bought it, or if you otherwise have proof of purchase, then contact the company and tell them you lost the disc and ask what you can do. Ask them to help you. Downloading such a program from a sharing site does infringe copyright. Doing this is also likely to implant viruses into your music files and onto your computer.
Bay Oak Law
Bay Oak Law | Andrew K Jacobson
Copying files off of bit torrent seems like a quick and inexpensive solution, but it is not. You are making a copy of someone else's copyrighted material.