Can I legally sue to collect money related to a train track auto accident? 4 Answers as of December 03, 2010

I was driving and as I approached train tracks, the warning signal went on and the arms came down. There was one car in front of me, and the nose of their car was almost under the warning arms. I think that they felt like they were too close to the tracks, because they put their car into reverse and started backing up, but they went too far and hit my car. When they first got out of the car they apologized, but then they saw that there was a lot of damage to their back end and that my car was pretty much fine. After seeing that, they really changed their tune, blaming me for the accident and saying that I rearended them! There were not any other cars or people around. Can I take them to court to prove that they are to blame for the accident so that I do not have to unfairly pay for their mistake?

if you have auto insurance, submit the claim to them.