Can I legally move out of state without his knowledge? 1 Answers as of August 15, 2016

Husband is mentally abusive and has physically abused our daughter so I'm thinking about moving to another state without telling him because I'm afraid of my daughter’s safety and my own.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
The right thing to do is to file a petition for a domestic violence restraining order and a dissolution and to ask the court to allow you to take the child out of state. However, if no orders are in place, it is not illegal to remove the child from the state. A court can require you to bring her back if the father goes to court over it.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/15/2016
Click to View More Answers: