Can I legally let my son or daughter drink alcohol in the state of Georgia in my house at any age? 3 Answers as of May 07, 2012

Completely hypothetical because I do not have a son or daughter, but my friends for some reason think they can legally get drunk with their parents at a young age. Is this true?

A parent can introduce his/her child to alcohol - i.e. a glass of wine, or half a glass of beer. If the parent gets the child intoxicated, it is a crime. Contributing to the delinquency of a minor, reckless contract, cruelty to children, etc.
Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
Your friends are correct, children can drink alcohol at home under their parents' supervision.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
Not to my knowledge. My understanding of Georgia law is that a parent can be charged with furnishing alcohol to minors even when said minors are their own kids. However, if they drink at home under your supervision, it's highly unlikely the cops will find out about it.