Can I legally bring my grandmother to the US? 10 Answers as of May 29, 2013

Can I legally bring my grandmother to new york from the Dominican republic

No. You cannot petition for your grandmother to come as a legal resident to the USA.
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
*B2 Visitor Visa Application* A Visitor Visa will have to be obtained. My firm prepares the application and then sends it directly to the applicant who will then take it to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy for a decision. If done correctly, the issuance of this visa could take less than one month after it is completed. Visitor Visas are quite difficult to obtain. Thus, we would take 1/2 down, but not take the balance unless the Visitor Visa is approved.
Mayo Mallette PLLC
Mayo Mallette PLLC | Thomas J. Rosser
I am assuming that you mean bringing your grandmother in for purposes of lawful permanent residence rather than a casual visit. Under that assumption, no, you cannot. However, if your parents are still living and are US citizens, they would be able to petition for her since she would potentially qualify as an "immediate relative" parent of your parents.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
You cannot file an immigrant petition (green card). But, she may apply for a tourist visa.
You cannot petition for your grandmother to receive an immigrant visa. An individual can only petition for their spouse, parents, children, and/or siblings to receive an immigrant visa.
    You cannot petition for a grandmother. A US citizen can only petition for his/her parents, children, spouse or siblings.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
    Far more information is needed in order to assess immigration eligibilities and options for your grandmother. In general, immigration eligibilities fall into family-related and employment-related categories, but regrettably there is no visa category for grandparent of a U.S. citizen. Your grandmother might consider engaging an immigration attorney to review all of her circumstances to explore any possible immigration eligibilities/options. [
    Immigration Attorneys, LLP | Robert R. Gard
    There are no categories for petitioning grandparents, but your grandmother may be able to apply for a B-2 visitor's visa. Please refer to the attached B-1/B-2 Memo. REQUIRED
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    You cannot petition for your grandmother to get her green card. Only immediate relatives (spouses, children, and brother and sisters) can petition for each other. However, your grandmother can always apply for a visitor visa at the nearest US consulate if she wants to visit the US temporarily.