Can I legally be terminated for being on bed rest while pregnant? 2 Answers as of August 10, 2017

I have been on bed rest for about 6 weeks now and I have been working with my employer for less than a year. Are they still able to fire me?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
They can not terminate you for being pregnant, but can replace you because you are unable to perform your job. You might ask HR about FMLA, if that is applicable. Otherwise, you are at the mercy of your employer.
The Niskar Law Firm, PLLC
The Niskar Law Firm, PLLC | Joey Niskar
If you have been employed with that company for a total amount of time of less than one year, then you are probably not entitled to FMLA leave, and as a result, the employer may be able to terminate you. However, if the employer granted a comparable amount of time off to another employee for a non-pregnancy related condition (other than a worker's compensation injury or to accommodate a disability under the ADA), then the failure to accommodate you can be considered unlawful pregnancy discrimination.