Can I legally ask for child custody? 1 Answers as of July 13, 2011

My ex boyfriend and I broke up about 9mo ago. He has two sons one son he raised from birth the other came to live with him 4 years ago. The ex works part time grave yard and sleeps most of the day. I work 9-5 with weekends off. I would like to know if I can legally ask for custody of the younger boy. I dont feel that he gets the care he needs with his dad and that he is left to his own devises way to often. I feel he would do much better with me and so does the child. He and I became very close while I was with his dad and now I am scared he will be hurt mentally or physically if I dont step in somehow.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Willick Law Group
Willick Law Group | Marshal S. Willick
"Third party" child custody, or visitation, is possible (as are guardianships, or even adoption). All relevant statutes and rules for custody/visitation are posted at Your best bet is consultation with a family law specialist, before taking any actions.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: