Can I leave USA as a permanent resident if I just entered it and don't have my green card yet? 1 Answers as of July 11, 2011

I am a permanent resident in the USA. I just arrived two weeks ago, but I had an emergency and I have to leave for a couple of weeks. I don't have my green card yet. Do I need my green card to leave the country and then return?? I just have my passport with my visa and the stamp of immigration that is valid for a year. What should I do??

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Yes you can. The stamp of passport is temporary evidence of your permanent residency.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: