Can I leave the state without the permission of my childrens father? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

I currently live in Illinois and plan to move to Florida next month. I do not have the fathers permission. However paternity has never been established and he is not listed on the birth certificate. However he sees her every two weeks. Can he order me to return once I have moved?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
There are more issues at state than just moving. If there is no paternity, then no he cannot force you to return to IL once you have moved to FL, however, you must seriously consider what that will do to the parent-child relationship before making such a drastic move; also there is the topic of paternity and child support that you have not brought up that is much easier to resolve when the 2 parties are in the same state, rather than when miles away from the other.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: