Can I leave the state with my child while waiting for court to obtain paternity testing? 1 Answers as of October 06, 2017

This is New York state. I am waiting for court date to obtain court ordered paternity testing to obtain child support.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
There is a possibility that you could be directed to return if you leave without Court permission or consent of the other parent. There are a number of factors that will affect this, from the age of the child, the other parent's involvement, where you are seeking to move to and the reason for it. Bottom line is that the move should be in the child's best interests.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 10/6/2017
Click to View More Answers: