Can I leave the country while on temporary admission? 2 Answers as of October 15, 2010

I have a temporary admission for permanent residence. I need to travel abroad, outside of the US, for an emergency. Is there a way to get some sort of permission to travel and come back?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
In short, I believe that what you have is a valid petition for legal residency, and that after it was approved, you filed an application for adjustment of status (what you mean by temporary admission for permanent residence). What you can do is file an application for "authorization for parole", that will get you permission to travel and be admitted with a stamp on your I-94. If there is anything else I can help with, let me know.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/15/2010
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You can travel before your green card expires.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/8/2010
Click to View More Answers: