Can I leave the country and return back to the U.S. with a B2 Visa traveling to Mexico from Texas? 3 Answers as of January 01, 2011

I entered the U.S this month on day 15 by B2 visa, I want to travel from Dallas , Texas to Mexico city with some friends for 6 days, and can I do that and get back to U.S? Or I should get a new 1-94 when I entered Dallas airport? Or with the 6 months entry that they already gave it to me in Chicago I can go to Mexico and get back to U.S? Please anybody advise me with this matter because I am planning to go to Mexico City during January, is there is any advice regarding this trip?

If you have only been here for 15 days of the 6 months allotted to you travel to Mexico "should be" fine. That being said it is always discretionary whether they will allow you to return and how much time you will be given. It will depend on your stated purpose for travel and your strong ties to return to your home country.
If your visa is multi-entry, yes you can.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
I don't know where you are from so I can't say whether you need a visa to travel to Mexico or not, but if Mexico is part of your vacation plans here in the U.S. and you have a valid tourist visa through the time of your return to the U.S. in January, I doubt you will have any problems. If you are traveling by plane to Mexico, you will most likely receive a new I-94 upon re-entry to the U.S.