Can I leave and re enter the U.S. freely with a B2 Visa? 4 Answers as of January 08, 2011

I entered the US with B2 visa and i have 6 months entry. If I left the US during this granted period and I submitted my I-94 in the airport before departed from my country of origin, when will I be able to visit the U.S again?

Is there is a period of time that I must be outside the U.S before I re-enter the U.S.? My B2 visa is a multiple entry visa and will be valid till the next 5 coming years.

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
There is no specific time you need to stay outside of the United States, but it's not recommended that you enter too soon since the admitting officer could use that againts you to deny your next entry.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
If your visa does not have any restrictions, then you can use it as often as you need during its period of validity and there are no set rules how long you must remain outside the US after each visit.

Each time you come to the US on a B2 visa you are supposed to get 6 months stamped on your I-94. However, that does not mean that you can come and stay in the US for 6 months, leave for a week and return and expect to be able to stay another 6 months. Entering the US on a B2 visa means that you come to visit temporarily for pleasure while maintaining your primary residence outside the US. Therefore, staying in the US more than 6 months per calendar year would imply that you are really living in the US which is not allowed with the B2 visa.
It depends on your visa. If you visa says allows your multi-entry, you are fine. Good luck!
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
If you have legitimate reasons for visiting the U.S. again, I do not see why you would not be able to re-enter with your valid B-2 visa. There is no required period of time to be out before re-entering. On the other hand, if you were here on your B-2 visa for a lengthy period of time and are repeatedly leaving for short periods of time and coming back in, I am sure there will be questions about what your true intent is regarding travel to the U.S.