Can I keep theft by deception off my record? 1 Answers as of June 27, 2011

Yesterday I was arrested on 1 count of felony theft by deception. I was released on an own recognition bond. What should I do? I know get a lawyer but can I get first offender probation where it won’t go on my record? What are different options I could take? Is the arrest on my record? How can I get it off if it is? I have never been in trouble before and I needed money so I stole some from my work and it was a huge mistake.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Phillip Weiser
Law Office of Phillip Weiser | Phillip L. Weiser
You may qualify for a diversion for a first offense, where there would not be a record of conviction. However, if you were arrested for the offense, the record of arrest will show up. You should consult with an attorney for more specific information.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 6/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: