Can I keep my back pay after filing for chapter 13 bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of November 18, 2016

It depends how much back pay you're going to receive. If it's $5,000, it's likely the trustee will want some turned over. If it's $500, it's probably all exempt and/or too little for the trustee to be concerned about.
If you can exempt it.
Without reviewing a single piece of paper, I would hazard a guess and say "yes".
I don't know enough about your case or the order of confirmation to answer that. You need to ask local counsel to look at your paper work.
In Chapter 13, you never forfeit assets. Instead, in Chapter 13, you pay back the LIQUIDATION VALUE of assets not covered by exemptions to the trustee to pay your debts. You may want to claim an exemption on at least a portion of your back pay as allowed by state laws.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    This is a question requiring a great deal more information about your case before it can be answered. If you do not already have a lawyer, you should get one immediately because chapter 13 is quite complicated.