Can I keep my alimony if my ex has early retirement(55) alimony modification? 3 Answers as of July 11, 2013

My ex is taking me to court to have alimony modified or terminated. He retired at 55,told me with my part of retirement 1500.00 per month for 10 yrs was a few hundred more than he was paying me in permanent periodic alimony. I was awarded alimony and my part of retirement in the MSA. I was working part time making 800.00 when we divorced. He is pastoring a church says he isn't paid, but he could make 25k-?He put in the financial he was paying 1000.00 in house payments, but his home is a parsonage (Free). Will a judge input this kind of income and let me keep my alimony? He remarried and this is the reason he is trying to stop paying alimony, the new wife doesn't like it.... I put him through school, and stayed home and babysat, never went to school for myself.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
If it is not contemplated in the MSA to reduce alimony upon retirement then the judge should not grant it and read through the lines. without a lawyer you may not be able to properly present it.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: