Can I just not show up in court if I filed for a temporary restraining order and I don't want to continue to pursue it? 2 Answers as of September 24, 2017

I have a child with the person. I don't want to show up but I don't want the courts to contact DCF. The bailiff told me if I didn't come, it would be dismissed. I’m not sure. The incident was just an argument and I didn't think it through.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald L. Bornstein, P.A. | Ronald L. Bornstein
Generally, if the person seeking the injunction fails to appear in court, the case would be dismissed. You could also appear for court and ask to dismiss it. In the absence of allegations or evidence that rise to the level of requiring the court to refer the matter to DCF by statute, the court would not generally do so on its own just because you didn't show up for court as the petitioning party. Consult with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation and your options.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/24/2017
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
What you did is called an abuse of the judicial system. It happens all the time.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/23/2017
Click to View More Answers: