Can I join a California diversion program after getting a DUI? 10 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I got my first DUI ever. Is there some diversion program I can qualify for if I only blew a 0.1?

No, there is no diversion program for a DUI. However, if you're over 21 and blew only a 0.01, you should not even have a DUI. Contact a DUI specialist for consultation. There may be a DMV proceeding against you that is more serious than the court case.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Diversion does not apply to DUI.If you blew a .10 it will probably not be reduced and you will be faced with a first offense penalty and a loss of license. For more info or to retain our firm call.
Tomas M. Flores, Esq.
Tomas M. Flores, Esq. | Tomas M. Flores
Diversion is for drug offenses, not DUI.
Law Office of Andrew Roberts
Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
Unfortunately no. You will have to attend dui level one school and suffer other consequences.
No!
    There is no diversion program per se. You stated that you blew a 0.10, which is not to much over the legal limit (assuming you are over 21 years of age). A DUI Attorney may be able to find some holes in the prosecutor's case in order to get the DUI reduced to a lesser charge. The state is really coming down hard on DUI's these days. I would definitely recommend consulting with an attorney about your case. Feel free to call or through my website at www.1DUILawyer.com if you would like a free consultation to discuss your case in more detail.
    Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law
    Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law | Alanna D. Coopersmith
    Unfortunately, there is no DUI diversion program.
    Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
    Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
    Unfortunately, CA does not quite the equivalent of the diversion programs present in Oregon and other states. In order to more effectively answer your question, I would need to know more about the specific charges (including vehicle code sections) against you as well as your age (whether you are a minor). Feel free to contact me further.
    Can you? Sure, if the court accepts it as part of a plea bargain. An actual Diversion Program is generally not part of first DUI probation terms. Things like AA and alcohol school are, along with fines, license suspension, etc. If you are asking if you can do diversion in lieu of any other penalties, the answer is probably no, but your attorney can certainly try for that. However, you need to remember the state [i.e. the courts] are seeking revenue, through fines, penalties and fees. Now, if serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, feel free to contact me.