Can I include my loans when I file for chapter 7? 5 Answers as of August 27, 2010

I just got served a court summons yesterday. I am being sued for unpaid loans from a credit union. Is it too late to file for chapter 7 and include those loans?

Fasel, Fasel, & Nefulda, LLP
Fasel, Fasel, & Nefulda, LLP | Thomas Fasel
Under Chapter 7, most credit card, medical and legal debts are discharged, as well as most court judgments and loans. However, some debts are not discharged. The most common loans that are not dischargeable are loans owed to a retirement plan and student loans.

To discuss further, please contact us for a free consultation.
You can include loans in a Chapter 7 case.
Halpern Law Offices
Halpern Law Offices | Daniel B. Halpern
The answer depends on what type of loans they are. Please call me for a free consultation.
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
All loans should be included in your bankruptcy schedules when you file any bankruptcy, including, but not limited to, any Chapter 7. It is NOT too late to file for Chapter 7 if you were served with a Court Summons yesterday. Even if there is a judgment entered against you, you can still file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. To see if bankruptcy is right for you, please call me for a free consultation.