Can I include my brother in my parents petition to immigrate? 1 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I have received a green card through battered spouse self-petitioning myself. I will be a US citizen in a year (as far as I know it’s only three years for someone like me). I want to bring my parents here with their son (my brother who will be 18 then). Will he be included in their petition or does he need to come petitioned later? If they have to petition for him later, can you please tell me how long it will take?

No, your brother cannot be included in the petitions you file for your parents. Either you, or they after they get their Green Cards, must petition him. If you petition him it will take at least 11 years (more if he was born in Mexico or the Philippines). If they petition him it will take 4 to 8 years.