Can I include the IRS as a creditor? 3 Answers as of August 27, 2010

If I file for bankruptcy can I include back taxes that I owe to the IRS?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ariano & Reppucci
Ariano & Reppucci | Chris Ariano
Some income taxes can be discharged in bankruptcy if they meet several requirements. One is that they must be at least 3 years old.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 8/26/2010
The Law Office of Mark J. Markus
The Law Office of Mark J. Markus | Mark Markus
You must include all assets and all debts in any bankruptcy case. If you are asking whether or not a particular tax year is dischargeable, that is beyond the scope of this forum. Tax dischargeability analysis is very complex and you need to consult with a knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney to evaluate your situation. He/she will need to see copies of transcripts from the taxing agencies (known as records of account) for each year you owe.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/26/2010
Click to View More Answers: