Can I hold my landlord to the original agreement signed through email? 1 Answers as of July 28, 2015

We signed and email agreement of the terms of our lease with a private party landlord. It has the date to start our lease, it states how long the lease is for, even the amount for rent and deposit. The landlord presently hired a rental company to oversee the property, they do not want to honor the signed agreement and are now trying to kick us out saying that it's a month to month. I've shown them the signed documents and they don't care and r trying to tell us that it's not valid. I'm in Washington State. I've read that any document that provides start, end, length of term and amount is a binding lease especially between private parties is this right where do I stand.

Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
I would say that you would be entitled to enforce the original contract. Contract depends upon offer, acceptance and consideration. If you paid rent according to the terms, and there was otherwise mutual assent expressed by the parties, then you have a contract. Just because a management company comes in doesn't change anything if you don't agree to it. You should take the agreement to a local attorney for review and see about making sure your rights are protected here.