Can I hire the same lawyer for criminal court and immigration court? 3 Answers as of March 14, 2011

Can I hire the same lawyer for criminal court and immigration court? Where can I get free copies of immigration court and deportation papers?

If your lawyers are experts in two areas, yes, you can. But in most cases, criminal lawyers and immigration lawyers have different expertise. I don't know what you mean by "deportation papers". If you hire a lawyer to represent you, you don't need to worry about any papers. If you need consultation, you are welcome to contact us.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Some lawyers practice only immigration, some lawyers only practice criminal law and some (few) lawyers can do both. Just ask your lawyer whether he does both. Ideally, if you are NOT a citizen and have criminal issues, it would be best to find someone who can do both. In the alternative, hire two different attorneys, one from each specialty and make sure they can speak together about the best type of plea for you.
You can, but it's not necessarily the best option since criminal law and immigration law are completely different. Someone can be a very good criminal lawyer, but does not know the intricacies of immigration law.