Can I hire an attorney on my husband's behalf and how? 4 Answers as of August 14, 2014

My husband is a felon who is currently serving 7 years for selling an illegal firearm to an undecover cop. He has had appealed once and the attorney discovered his fifth amendment rights were violated but said since he was given a concourent sentence, it would not change his time frame. I need a legal counsel.

Hein, Waters & Klein
Hein, Waters & Klein | Irwin G. Klein
Yes, you can hire an attorney for your husband.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Yes. You call an attorney (such as me), retain him to visit your husband in jail to get your husband to agree to the representation, and the enter into a written engagement Agreement with your attorney.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
You can hire a lawyer for your husband but your husband will have to agree to let the lawyer represent him.
The Law Firm of Dmitriy Shakhnevich
The Law Firm of Dmitriy Shakhnevich | Dmitriy Shakhnevich
Much depends on whether there was a plea or a conviction at trial. That would have a huge impact on what post-conviction relief you can seek.