Can I help my parents to be legal residents after I turn 21 years old? 7 Answers as of May 14, 2014

Hello. I want to know if I can help my parents to be legal residents after I turn 21 years old. They enter with visa (tourist visa), they paid taxes every year and bought a house. They never had a major problem here just a couple speed tickets 10 years ago. They speak fluent English. My father submitted 8 years ago his application through my grand mother but because he was older than 21 years old and he is from Mexico, it will take more time. Some attorney said I can't because I can't be responsible for my parents because I'm young (usually parents are responsible for the Children not the opposite). This is confusing to me because I'm a US citizen and I want to help my parents. Can somebody give me advise about it?

Yes, as long as they can document lawful entry even if it was very long ago and you are over 21 and a US citizen, you can petition for them. In fact, I had a very similar case just a few years ago with a client and everything went fine.
They are here illegally so you cannot help.
Ben T. Liu Law Office
Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
Yes, you can file for them as immediate relatives when you are 21 years old and they should be able to adjust status.
You should be able to petition for your parents once you turn 21. The other attorney was likely referencing the affidavit of support. Your parents will need affidavits of support to become permanent residents. You will have to file them on their behalf. Given your age, you will likely need a co-sponsor to meet the income requirements. You would be best advised to work with an attorney on this matter.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
Yes. You can file for your parents as long as they entered the US with visas (even if they overstayed). You must be 21 years old, however, to file.
    Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
    Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
    Yes you can petition for your folks once you turn 21! And if you don't meet the poverty guideline's minimum, you can always include co-sponsors to make up for the difference. So go ahead and look out for your parents!