Can I help my daughter who is being accused with a DUI? 9 Answers as of September 21, 2015

My daughter got pulled over for driving recklessly and speeding. The cops made her take a breathing test multiple times, and arrested her. She did not drink too much before this. Can I help her in any way legally?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Yes, by helping her hire the best DUI/criminal defense attorney you can afford.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/21/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Sure you can retain an attorney for her, unless you are an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/17/2015
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Help her find an experienced attorney asap.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 9/16/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
By helping her to hire a lawyer. She needs to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because she has only 10 days to save her license.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/16/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
You can help her by hiring a lawyer to fight her case. Cops exaggerate and the tests don't prove what the cops want them to prove.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/16/2015
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    As a general response to your DUI Question: I am a criminal defense attorney with more than 17 years experience on DUI cases. If you would like to discuss your case, please contact me. Some important information- DMV Issues - If you have been served with a Notice of Revocation, then you have 7 days to request a hearing. Please do that immediately by going to your local DMV office, tell them you got a DUI and you want to request a hearing. They will give you a form. DO NOT REQUEST THE OFFICER. We can do that later if we choose to, but most often it means you will lose. The receipt DMV gives you allows you to drive until the day of the hearing. Request a copy of the Expressed Consent Packet. Evidence Issues - It would be valuable to immediately request all police reports, including all audio and video recordings from dash recorders, lapel recorders and police station recorders from the police agency that arrested you and the prosecution. Include in your written request a statement that you believe the audio and video recordings are ?material and exculpatory.? Make sure you get a copy of your request with the date, signature and name of the person that you give it to. Representation begins when client pays attorney an agreed upon retainer and returns a signed fee agreement.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 9/16/2015
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    You can help her by paying for an experienced DUI (=OWI) lawyer to advise and represent her. Sometimes we can find some error or fault in the police investigation which can lead to a better deal, or even a dismissal of the charges.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 9/16/2015
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    Yes, you can help your daughter by supporting her emotionally, getting information regarding the charges and lawyers who can help defend her and possibly assisting in paying a lawyer to help her with her legal problem.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 9/16/2015
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    The best things you might be able to do for her is to engage competent counsel on her behalf.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 9/16/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!