Can I have this misdemeanor hit and run off my record? 7 Answers as of September 09, 2013

On 08/13/2013 I had an accident with another car and was moving my car from obstructing traffic and was charged with a hit and run and property damage. This is my first offense. I have a valid license and insurance. The other party’s vehicle was fixed and they are satisfied. My court date is on 09/16/2013. The officer that arrested me gave me his phone number In case I had any questions. I'm curious to know if the officer would be able to drop my charges now. Also if he does not drop the charges, since I have an attorney do the chances of this being dismissed seem possible. Also there were no injuries involved with accident and it’s a misdemeanor.

The charges will not be dropped. You broke the law.
Vasilaros Legal,LLC
Vasilaros Legal,LLC | Steven T. Vasilaros
Let your attorney represent you. Do not make any calls without your attorney's prior knowledge and permission. Also, ask your attorney about the possibly of expungement proceedings.
Oscar E. Toscano | Oscar E. Toscano
On your facts, you did not hit and run. Fight the case and take it to trial if necessary.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
You indicate you have counsel. Your questions and concerns can best be answered by your counsel, who should be far better acquainted with the facts in your case.
It is possible the charges could be dropped. In the alternative, if they will not drop the charges, they may allow you into the PTI program, which will not be a conviction if you complete the program.
    Very often when damage is slight and damages are paid before court the DA will dismiss a case. If your lawyer is experienced he may be able to get this done for you. If he is experienced he will know what and how to do.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    You hired an attorney and you are paying that attorney for his time and his advice, ask him. You should know that the officer did not charge you with anything. The officer can write a ticket but any criminal charge must come from the state's attorney. The officer does not have the authority to either bring criminal charges were to drop criminal charges. That decision rests exclusively with state's attorney's office. If you move the car a few feet so as not to obstruct traffic, it is simply not possible for you to be charged with leaving the scene. If you moved the car to the next county, that is another matter. Again, you have an attorney, talk to him or her.