Can I have someone charged for filing a false police report? 1 Answers as of December 02, 2014

About 3 months ago, I was arrested for sexual battery and assault. I am a college student and was taken out in handcuffs from my college dorm. I was also kicked out of college because of these allegations. The plaintiff has made 5 statements on record and they are all different in her recollections of that night. My lawyer heard my side of the story and believes I should have never been arrested. I have been to court once and the plaintiff didn't show up. The case was continued for 2 weeks to another court date. If she doesn't show up again and the case is dismissed, can I ask the police to have her charged with filing a false police report? Would her multiple changing statements be enough? Do I have any other civil options to sue her for like slander, defamation, etc.? She has cost me $40,000 in scholarship monies, a scarred reputation, plus attorney fees.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
You are not going to like my answer. I sense you had some sexual contact with this person she decided was offensive. Does it make any difference how many versions she tells if one or more are correct or close to correct? You may win the criminal case. you may not. if I were you I would totally rely on my lawyer to tell me what is what and tell you what if any options you have. This is what court is about. He said, she said don't second guess your lawyer.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 12/2/2014
Click to View More Answers: