Can I have someone arrested if they hacked my bank account and stole money? 1 Answers as of June 20, 2011

I just moved out of an apartment in Portland but my name is still on the lease. My former roommate hacked into my bank account and paid rent for the upcoming month. I was 1,500 miles away at the time, and have moved out of the state. What legal recourse do I have? The amount was $1250. Can I have him arrested and charged with theft and computer fraud? If so, how? If not, what are my options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre | Jonathan T. Sarre
Sure, call the police, they probably won't jump on it right away, but get your bank records and they'll do something provided you are willing to come back here at some point to either testify at grand jury or a trial.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: