Can I have restitution checks changed to be in my name if my husband is deceased? Posted on June 12, 2011

About 7 years ago my husband and I owned a truck that was damaged by a person who was ordered to pay restitution. Only my husband's name was on the title. My husband passed away 2 years ago and just last week I received 2 checks, the beggining of restitution payments. They are in my husbands name and I really need this money. Am I able to have the court they are issued from put these in my name since my husband is deceased? Or am I able to legally cash them with his death certificate? Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: