Can I have a pending lawsuit against me without ever being notified? 1 Answers as of August 02, 2011

Can a person have a pending lawsuit against them (going back 3 years) for spreading an STD (not Hiv/Aides) in the state of Kansas without ever being served/notified in any way, nor having ever spoke to any attorney, judge, or court official? My friend and his wife are close to divorce and it is apparent to me that she has been very deceitful while trying to manipulate him over the last few years with this ridiculous accusation of the pending lawsuit that there are supposedly several women seeking damages (she's even called it a "class action lawsuit"). Again, he's never heard from anyone about it other than his wife. Please help me convince him that she is not being truthful or am I wrong?

A Lawsuit can be filed and in progress as long as the proper method of notification has been complied with. Many times when an exact location of the defendant cannot be made, notice by publication is permissible. Each State has notice requirements as does the Federal Courts.