Can I have the news station remove my face/image or at least edit their video? 2 Answers as of November 27, 2013

I was present in a location that was raided by police with search warrant for drug trafficking while visiting the premises to visit friends. Everyone present was handcuffed and detained outside for questions but no arrest was made. While sitting on the porch for an hour handcuffed, the local news station captured my image including my face and 1 hour later its on the news and website. Do I have the right to have them not use our images anymore or at least have the station obstruct the faces since we were all innocent and just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Want them to take down current video from website too. What can I do?

Bay Oak Law
Bay Oak Law | Andrew K Jacobson
No, the station was recording a news event, and the First Amendment to the US Constitution allows it to broadcast what it wishes, so long as the broadcast is not maliciously or recklessly untrue.
Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
Contact the station and say it presents you in a false light because you were just there visiting and you got caught up in it, but were not part of it. Ask them to delete this stuff. If it is a new station that is run in a fair way, they will delete it. The Society for Professional Journalism has ethics rules. You can find the rules online. Read the rules and present the new station with the applicable rules.