Can I have my siblings taken away from my dad if I was sexually abused by him as a child? Posted on July 20, 2011

When I was a kid, I was repeatedly sexually molested by my dad. My mom pushed charges, but we did not have enough physical evidence and I was scared, so I refused to speak without my mom present. Nonprofit agencies said our case was not strong enough to qualify for representation, so my mom had to go into court unrepresented. My dad hired the best lawyer in town, and not only got away with it, but won "visitation rights." I was forced to see him, and the abuse continued until I was 13, at which point my dad unexpectedly moved away, married a new woman, and had two more children. I have not seen my dad or my siblings in several years, but I fear for their safety. I do not want to prosecute my dad or put him in jail, as I believe he is mentally ill and needs psychological help, but I also do not think he has changed. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: