Can I have my record expunged even though I got an out of state DUI? 3 Answers as of February 07, 2011

Back in 1996 in the state of Florida I had a charge of soliciting a police officer. I was found guilty and paid the fines and moved to Indiana. My question is that I got a DUI in 2005 in Indiana, is it possible to still try to have my record expunged in Florida after receiving the DUI.

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
Yes, one has nothing to do with the other. The important thing is that the crime you want to expunge or seal is one that you were not adjudicated guilty for committing. You would have to check and find out whether the Court adjudicated you guilty or not in the 1996 case. If they did not adjudicate you guilty then you can potentially get your record sealed/expunged. If you would like further assistance with this case and it is a case that took place in the Tampa Bay area, please contact me at the email address or phone number attached to this email response.
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
Unfortunately, if you've ever been convicted of a crime, in Florida or *any other state*, you are not eligible to seal or expunge a Florida record. So if you were convicted of the DUI in Indiana, you would not be able to expunge your Florida record. Please feel free to ask additional questions if you need to.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A. | Bruce H. Lehr
If you have been convicted of anything, ever, anywhere, you have lost the right to expunge.